Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I hurt myself

I had a busy time in London. We got off the train at King's Cross and then caught a bus to South Kensington and went to the Science Museum and then got a tube to Islington and went to our friend Dan's 30th birthday party and then got a taxi to Vauxhall and spent the night with Tom and then got a tube and a train to Hertford to have lunch with Dave, Becca and Freddie and then got the train back and another tube to Balham where we met Jon and Jonny in a pub and then got a train to Mortlake with Jonny to spend the night and then got a train and a bus and a tube to King's Cross and got on the train to come home.

So we basically spent the entire trip whizzing from north to south London and back again. We were a little exhausted by Sunday. But it was lovely to see everybody.

On Monday, running downstairs in my usual fashion, I stubbed my bare left foot very hard against the doorframe of the sitting room. I couldn't actually scream and fall on the floor - however much I might have liked to - as the flooring men were here to put vinyl on the floors of the bathroom and downstairs loo, and I didn't want to startle anyone who might be wielding a sharp blade. So I settled for silently hopping and clutching my foot like someone in a cartoon.

I stub my toes quite frequently, being a clumsy person, but usually the pain wears off fairly quickly. This time, it didn't. By the evening, my fourth toe was extremely purple and bruised-looking, and I began to worry that it might be broken.

However, it was less sore in the morning and I managed to walk and cycle with it (inasmuchas you cycle with your toes. You know what I mean). And the bruising is now less purple and it hurts only a little, so I don't think it is broken. My sister tells me they don't do much for broken toes anyway.

That was a non-story, wasn't it? Maybe if it feels better tomorrow I'll go for a run.

5 comments:

Jennette Fulda said...

My kickboxing aerobics instructor taught with a broken toe once because she was insane. Hope yours feels better soon!

Pam said...

I'm glad your little sister remembered to mention it yesterday or I'd have discovered this first from your blog! Hope the recovery is continuing.

Shauna said...

ow ow ow ow bloody ow!!! hope it's feeling better soon and that you can limp to us tomorrow! :) x

BethK said...

Yowzah! That sounds painful. I'm glad they're doing better and you can still cycle. I broke two toes and they didn't do anything except tape them together.

Your trip to London sounds like it was frenetic, but fun. I need to get back to London one of these years...

molly said...

Dear Miss K, You've got a lovely mother and I'm delighted to meet her daughter. However, I'd be even more delighted if you were to put pictures of your garden on The Content Gardener, as promised!