Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fusion music

As I cycled home tonight* after doing a bit of late-night shopping, I passed one of the touristy shops selling Scottish souvenirs that infest the centre of Edinburgh. You can usually tell when you're getting near one because of the very loud piped bagpipe music which will be blaring out. (I'm really glad I don't live above one.)

The music sounded a bit odd. As I was stopped at a set of traffic lights, I had a minute or two to listen to it.

It was the Can-Can. Arranged for massed pipes.



*Don't worry, Mum, I had my lights and my new helmet and everything.

5 comments:

Warty Mammal said...

Eeeek. That would definitely cause cognitive dissonance!

Pam said...

I'm pleased to hear this. Not the music. The lights and hat.

That picture of Brownie eating a grape is wonderful!

Pam said...

Oops, I misremembered. It was Ginger Pig. Sorry.

Loth said...

I suspect I know the shop you mean. I passed it once and the pipes were playing Smoke on the Water. *shudder*

Rosemary Riveter said...

Was I with you in a tartan tat store that was playing a bagpipe arrangement of a Celine Dion song?